Volunteer opportunities listed below are just a few of the many ways The Open Arms House can use your support.
Join us in a way that is meaningful to you. Every gift of time, talent, and expertise impacts our guests and their loved ones.
- Welcome Desk Host/Hostess: To greet and provide hospitality to our guests and families.
- Clerical Assistant: Assist with data entry, filing, record-keeping, mailings, and other clerical projects. Assist with creation of brochures, PowerPoint presentations, invitations, and other publications.
- Special Events Assistant: Assist with the planning and coordination of holiday, volunteer, and memorial events.
- Friendly Assistant: Provide emotional and spiritual support to guests and their families
- Scrapbook Assistant: Maintain scrapbooks and memorial albums.
- Activities Assistant: Prepare materials for daily activities with guest and families.
- Pet Therapy: Provide pet therapy visits.
- 11th Hour Volunteer: Support guest and family during guest active dying phase.
- NODA (No One Dies Alone) Volunteer: Stay with and support guest during active dying phase so guest is not alone.
- Yard Maintenance: Maintain patio and garden areas
- Handyperson: Perform routine building maintenance and repairs.
- Household Assistant: Perform housekeeping duties and routine cleaning.
- Meal Preparer: Assist with preparing and serving meals to residents
- Laundry Assistant: Pre-treat, wash, dry, fold and return guest laundry.